What to Expect During Worship Services
We would like to invite you to visit the Holiday Park Church of Christ – whether you’re new to the area or you’re looking for a church home. We are a growing church striving to serve God in all we do. We welcome people from all walks of life, regardless of where they are in their spiritual journey. When you come to visit, you’ll notice that we keep things simple and biblical: we include what God wants and leave out what He hasn’t asked for.
Our worship services are all about honoring God and will include the following:
- Singing – The good news about Jesus leads us to sing from the heart (Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16). You’ll notice we do not use instruments. The word psallo in the New Testament does not mean anything beyond voices raised in song. In other words, God does not ask for anything besides our voices. Christians worshipped God for hundreds of years after Jesus before instruments were added in. We want to go back to the Bible’s teaching and simply sing from the heart.
- Prayer – The early church was a praying church (Acts 2:42). When you visit, you’ll notice we don’t have formal, ritual prayers to recite. Each person prays from the heart in the name of Jesus to God the Father (John 14:13, I Timothy 2:5, Matthew 6:9).
- Lord’s Supper – The early church met on the first day of the week to remember the sacrifice of Jesus (Acts 20:7, I Corinthians 11:23-29). Our members eat the bread and drink from the cup as a memorial that Jesus started (Mark 14:22-25). This is the central act of worship in our meeting times.
- Giving – The early church supported good works through the generous giving of its members on the first day of the week (I Corinthians 16:1-3). Our members give freely, not as an obligation (2 Corinthians 9:7). As our guest, please do not feel any pressure to give. This is an opportunity for our members to respond to God’s blessings in their lives.
- Preaching – Each week you will hear a biblical, practical lesson from one of our ministers. We strive to “preach the word” as Paul told Timothy (2 Timothy 4:2). We hope your faith will be strengthened by these lessons (Romans 10:14-17).
We have an attended, equipped nursery for babies (aged 0 to 3 years) available for the entire worship service. We also have a Children’s Worship (aged 4 to 10) that takes place during the sermon time (we dismiss the children after the offering).
We do not have an official ending time, but we aim for 12:15 pm (announcements and prayer requests are given after the sermon). If someone has asked to be baptized, the timing may be extended. We want to honor the outside plans and obligations of our families, so we strive to be disciplined with our worship times.
When you come to visit the Holiday Park Church of Christ, we promise not to embarrass you or harass you in any way. We simply want to share the world’s greatest message: God loves us so much that He gave His Son to die for us.
Come and share a simple, biblical, loving experience of worship, devotion and study with us at the Holiday Park Church of Christ.