“For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3:14-19
Purpose of Family Circles
- To encourage heart-to-heart sharing between brothers and sisters, enabling us to “bear one another’s burdens” (Galatians 6:2).
- To build trusting relationships with our brothers and sisters beyond our casual
conversations before and after morning worship (2 Corinthians 6:11-13).
- To overcome the limitations of large-group meetings, such as the difficulties in showing hospitality to visitors, thereby enhancing our current worship assemblies (Hebrews 13:2, Romans 16:23).
- To provide a setting that will make sure that any visitor receives warm and encouraging inclusion that will help lead them to Christ (Matthew 28:16-20).
- To experience worship and fellowship as the early church did – in small groups meeting in the homes of believers (Acts 20:20; Colossians 4:14-15).
Format of Family Circles
Small groups (no larger than 15) will meet in homes for worship all around the area. We will sing, pray, read and discuss God’s Word, and share communion. Every group will be open to visitors and will look to split itself as its numbers exceed 15.
Frequency of Family Circles
Family Circles will meet on the first three Sundays of every month. The last Sunday evening of the month will still be our song service at the church building. In months with five Sundays, the fifth Sunday evening will be a worship service at the church building as well.